Thursday, January 11, 2007

I guess I had better update this thing ;)

I've been semi-BUSY, (and sick) since Christmas... just now feeling well enough to return to work. It was this horrible bronchial infection that left me weak and unable to move without coughing a lung up.3 antibiotics and almost 3 weeks later, I am finally on the mend. It took steroids and an herbal cough medicine called Herbal Expec by Naturade to turn the tide for me. It has earned a forever spot in my medicine c abinet for sure, it was like a miracle in killing the cough and loosening things up.



I do not remember ever being so ill....on the upside I lost 12 pounds while laid up.


Anyway, on January 5th my son and his wife had a new baby, my second grandchild, my first granddaughter....Madelyn Lee, Maddie for short. She is, IMHO a beautiful baby. She is also a happy baby. My favorite pics so far are these:




As you can tell by the picture, Maddie already has daddy wrapped around her little fingers. He needed a little wrapping , heh.

While laid up, I have been busy making baby clothes, under strict orders from my son that none of them should be pink or frilly. So they are rather untraditional in color and style. I am quite pleased with how they are coming out while I wait for enough wellness to be safe to go see the little princess up close and personal. Odd thing is, a neighbor came to check on me, (who knew my coughing carried so well outside the house) and she asked to take a couple outfits to her boss at her new job in a trendy upscale baby boutique, because she thought she would want to carry some outfits on consignment. In the end she sold the two I sent off the counter as she looked at them (I should mention here that I did not mean to part with the 2 I sent, I thought they were samples only, but I have remade them). This is starting to look like a potential full time job from home, the shop owner told me to design a tag and put it in them and she ordered 12 more outfits, to buy outright at a decent price... I sent 6 to start and 5 of those sold within 2 days, so now I have an order for 18 more. The brand name I am using is Maddie's ToddleTogz. I'll post some pics of what I am turning out in a few days after I get more things made up for the order. The tag I made looks like this:

This could not have come at a better time, my home health client is being moved to a rest home and there are not enough hours to go around right now....so this working from home option is a very good thing. I am adding a couple baby quilts and diaper bags to the order to see how they go. If I can get this going well, and if I can get ahead of the game, I might be able to travel some this summer and not only fill orders while on the road....but also test baby shops along the way for more outlets for the clothes I am designing. I am also thinking about producing a line of patterns for the clothes to market. 2007 may just be the year I define a new direction for myself employment-wise.....

No comments: