Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I've been painting fiberart card sunfaces...spreading the joy!

These painted sunfaces are to use in some fiberart cards I am working on, this is what they looked like when I was first starting them, they are further along now but not done yet. The rays and embellishments are all done in fabric and fiber, and there is some beading yet to done to them. I cut these faces out and slightly padded them when attaching them to the background to give them a little tiny bit of dimension, I gotta say, overall I am pretty pleased with them.
I admit it....
I've been keeping busy to avoid some thinking I really don't want to do, I had to have my 17YO chow-shepard mix gal pal (Sheba) put to sleep last friday an hour before I went to work, there was no time to grieve and as a result the whole weekend was horrible for me emotionally... now, with everything forced into delay mode as far as dealing with the loss, I am fighting with myself about facing it head-on. It has made for some odd creative energy I am not sure I want to let go of quite yet. I did do a tribute to Sheba in my live journal last saturday, but I also know some feelings are not yet dealt with in the way they need to be. She lived a good life, had a loving family, and outlived expectations for a larger dog... but letting go was horrific. I really think there need to be hospice workers out there helping pet owners the way they help people let go of loved ones, because that is what Sheba was... a very much loved member of our family.... more loyal and loving than some of my children. She even tried herself to help me let go... she is now with me as my wallpaper on my cellphone, I still need her close, for now anyway. Her gentle face has brought me joy everyday for 15 years, and until I sort things out emotionally, it still is.

No comments: